- Nikola Jokic offers an unmatched consistency and durability in Fantasy Basketball.
- Jokic has delivered top-tier performance levels for three consecutive seasons.
- His statistics, availability, and historic runs underscore his value.
- A selection of alternatives to consider if for some reason Jokic isn’t your first choice.
Jokic’s Consistent Brilliance Sets Him Apart
When the clock is ticking down on your first pick in fantasy basketball, the beacon of surety in the high-pressure situation is none other than Nikola Jokic. His unrelenting consistency, superb availability, and potential for daily triple-doubles make him the low-risk, high-reward choice you’re looking for at the outset of your draft.
Nikola Jokic on if this was the most fun he’s ever had in a summer:
“Nah, I think it’s actually opposite… We played 2 and 1/2 extra months." 😂
— ClutchPoints (@ClutchPoints) October 3, 2023
Unparalleled Durability and Performance
Jokic hasn’t just been showing up; he’s been performing at an elite level. Over the last three seasons, he’s appeared in a staggering 91.1% of games, showcasing both his physical reliability and his unwavering commitment to the court. Moreover, he’s the only player in NBA history to lead an entire playoff in points, rebounds, and assists, a testament to his multi-dimensional utility on your fantasy roster.
From 2020-21 to 2022-23, this powerhouse played in 215 of 236 available regular-season games, solidifying his reputation for unmatched durability among All-Stars. His recent playoff performances have also been historical, with his previous season propelling him to Finals MVP and securing his first NBA championship.
Historic Runs and Future Prospects
Entering his peak at age 28, Jokic is not merely a safe bet but an investment in assured, top-tier performance. He’s not just a contender, but a front-runner in the MVP race, a position he’s no stranger to, having been at the forefront for the last three seasons. His statistics speak for themselves: Averaging 26.0 points, 12.2 rebounds, 8.7 assists, 1.4 steals, 1.1 3-pointers made, and 0.7 blocks per game since his MVP season in 2020-21.
Three quotes from Nikola Jokić today:
If you wanted to know his off-season workout routine for the past five years, he’d need “3-4 hours” to explain it.
He has watched highlights from last year’s playoff run.
Best part of his off-season was enjoying the “quiet boring life” pic.twitter.com/TGr8BsZ62j
— Katy Winge (@katywinge) October 3, 2023
If, by chance, you’re pondering other options, players like Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and Stephen Curry do warrant consideration:
- Luka Doncic has been flirting with MVP status for some seasons and could secure it this year.
- Jayson Tatum offers a durable option, with scoring and diverse stat contributions.
- Joel Embiid is a scoring champion who might elevate his game further this season.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is perpetually in the MVP conversation and brings a well-rounded game.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander offers efficient scoring plus contributions across the board.
- Stephen Curry is the epitome of a scoring explosion, offering high-ceiling performances throughout the season.
Jokic: The Sure-Fire No. 1 Pick
Despite these options, Nikola Jokic stands as the clear, unbridled number one choice. His stats fill every category, providing a foundational pillar for your fantasy team. Given his track record of not just being ranked as but finishing as the No. 1 player, he’s poised to be a driving force for your team.
From Day 1 of Nuggets training camp:
Nikola Jokic took a moment to reflect on the championship.
“Some people say it’s a historic run. I think it’s a really good quality of basketball. If you like basketball, I think it’s just really nice to watch it.”https://t.co/GZcxdzjHef
— Harrison Wind (@HarrisonWind) October 4, 2023
In conclusion, while exploring options is always encouraged, it might be prudent to adhere to the adage: If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. Jokic is the embodiment of reliability, productivity, and elite performance, making him the clear-cut, indisputable first overall pick in your fantasy basketball draft. So, with confidence and assurance, let Jokic be your starting point in constructing a championship-caliber fantasy team.