- Ryder Cup 2023 showdown is set between Europe and the USA at Marco Simone Golf Club, Italy.
- Europe’s odds to win are slightly better than the USA’s.
- Key players to watch include Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Viktor Hovland, and Scottie Scheffler.
- The USA has not clinched a win on European soil since 1993.
- Betting tips include score predictions and potential star players.
Overview: Europe vs. USA
The sporting community eagerly anticipates one of its most exciting events: the Ryder Cup. As we gear up for the event at the Marco Simone Golf Club in Italy this Friday, Team Europe, led by Luke Donald, is favored to win.
"They're going to miss being here more than we're missing them"
Rory McIlroy says "it will hit home" for LIV Golf players that cannot participate at the Ryder Cup ⛳ pic.twitter.com/3JCGpOj9lq
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) September 27, 2023
Why the tilt towards Europe? Two main factors stand out:
- Europe boasts three of the world’s top four players: Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, and Viktor Hovland. Their recent performances outshine that of World No.1, Scottie Scheffler.
- It’s been nearly 30 years since the USA last won the Ryder Cup on European territory. This historical insight has seemingly influenced the betting landscape.
Ryder Cup Betting Tips: Strategies and Predictions
🏌️ Europe’s Momentum Could Lead to Decisive Win
Historically, the Ryder Cup has witnessed close matches. However, recent tournaments have seen one team gain a significant edge. Notably, the USA secured sizable victories on their home ground in 2016 and 2021. Europe, conversely, achieved commanding wins during their last two home matches.
A mix of passionate fans, course set-up, and player familiarity with the venue can play pivotal roles. For instance, six European team members have shown prowess at Marco Simone during the Italian Open.
Considering these factors, potential score predictions include 16-12 Europe at 14/1 and 15.5-12.5 Europe at 12/1.
🏌️ Jon Rahm: The Potential Star Player
Drawing inspiration from Spanish legends like Seve Ballesteros and Sergio Garcia, Jon Rahm could be the standout player this year. Given his track record and the course’s layout, betting on Rahm as the event’s top scorer might be a prudent choice.
Europe’s Ryder Cup team left in tears by motivational video, reveals Jon Rahm https://t.co/YkN7fj4a1i
— Guardian sport (@guardian_sport) September 26, 2023
🏌️ Tyrrell Hatton: The Game’s Clincher?
Predicting who will make the winning putt is always a fun speculation. If Europe secures a lead, the honor might go to a player in the latter half of the singles. Tyrrell Hatton, given his past placements, stands a good chance, making him an enticing bet at 20/1.
Safe Gambling Practices
If you decide to engage in betting, remember to:
- Set time and monetary constraints before playing.
- Only wager money you’re willing to lose.
- Avoid pursuing lost money.
- Steer clear of gambling when emotionally unstable.
For gambling concerns, reach out to Gamcare at www.gamcare.org.uk or Gamble Aware at www.begambleaware.org. In severe cases, contact the National Gambling Helpline at 0808 8020 133 or visit www.gamstop.co.uk for self-exclusion options.