- Joe Burrow played through a calf injury to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to their first win of the season, a 19-16 victory against the Los Angeles Rams.
- The Bengals were facing the possibility of a three-game losing streak, which motivated Burrow to compete despite his calf issue.
- Burrow completed 26-of-49 passes for 259 yards, with no touchdowns and one interception.
- The Bengals’ defense played a crucial role, with Logan Wilson recording two interceptions and the team tallying six sacks.
- Burrow’s determination to play impressed his teammates, and he showcased his toughness throughout the game.
- Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase had a standout performance with 12 catches for 141 yards.
- Despite concerns about his calf injury, Burrow successfully led the Bengals to victory and will continue to monitor his condition.
Burrow’s Grit Leads Bengals to Victory
In a display of determination and grit, Joe Burrow overcame a calf injury to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to their first win of the season. Facing the possibility of a three-game losing streak, Burrow was determined to be on the field for Monday night’s game against the Los Angeles Rams.
Burrow’s performance may not have included flashy statistics, as he completed 26-of-49 passes for 259 yards with no touchdowns and one interception, but his leadership was evident. He recognized the need for improvement in both his and the team’s performance, despite the win.
Joe Burrow through the first 3 games of the season…
Bengals are 1-2 pic.twitter.com/CZmDttcTbW
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 26, 2023
The Bengals’ defense played a pivotal role, with Logan Wilson making two interceptions and the defense recording six sacks. This defensive effort was crucial in holding the Rams to just one touchdown on four red zone drives.
Burrow’s Confidence and Toughness Shine
Burrow’s confidence in his ability to play was evident as he pushed to be on the field. He emphasized that he needed to avoid setbacks to feel confident in competing. The quarterback’s determination was supported by his workout on the morning of the game, which left him feeling ready.
Even though concerns were raised about his calf injury, Burrow’s toughness shone through. He was cautious about extending plays and quick to throw the ball away when necessary to protect his injury.
Joe Burrow is now averaging 4.7 yards per attempt this season.
Only 2 QBs in the last 20 seasons started each of the first 3 games of the season while averaging fewer yards per attempt. pic.twitter.com/f87HpgnQhT
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) September 26, 2023
Wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, who had a standout performance with 12 catches for 141 yards, acknowledged Burrow’s toughness. Despite initial reservations, Chase admired Burrow’s dedication to the game.
@bleacherreport Joe Burrow too cold 🔥 (via @NFL) #nfl #football #joeburrow #sports ♬ Let him cook x Imperius on all platforms – Caleb
A Promising Sign for the Bengals
Burrow’s ability to lead the team to victory while managing his calf injury is a promising sign for the Bengals. Although he is aware that the injury could resurface during the season, the absence of setbacks in this game is encouraging.
With a far less than 100% Joe Burrow, the #Bengals pulled out a gutty, tough win tonight. It had to be a total team win, and it was all of that. Impressive even for Burrow to be out there.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 26, 2023
As the Bengals prepare for upcoming challenges, including a road game against the Tennessee Titans, Burrow’s determination and resilience will be valuable assets. His teammates and fans can look forward to seeing their quarterback continue to lead the team with unwavering commitment.