- The absence of Cristian Raimondi and Marcelo Estigarribia will see Davide Zappacosta moved in to midfield.
- A different option would see Marco D'Alessandro start on the right, with Zappacosta in defence and Yohan Benalouane on the bench.
- Daniele Capelli returns after serving a suspension and will start at right-back.
- The two strikers that scored in the Coppa Italia meeting with Udinese, Davide Succi and Marco Djuric, are both expected to drop out of the starting XI.
- Atalanta are on a six-match winless streak, a run matched only by Verona and opponents Cesena.
- Cesena put up a good fight in their midweek Coppa Italia fixture, but fell to Udinese in extra time. Now second from the bottom, the bianconeri are struggling to snap out of their abysmal run of form.
- Both teams are failing match expectations, but for Cesena it could also be a case of not having an adequate squad to survive in Serie A. Atalanta are almost unchanged from last season, bar Bonaventura's departure, but Stefano Colantuono is struggling to make his team work as they did last term. This will probably result in a poor match, with only a few goalscoring chances and plenty of tension between the two sides.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)