- Sam Allardyce will revert to a 4-3-1-2 formation back on home soil, especially given the absence of the suspended Winston Reid in central defence.
- West Ham will hope to have their main attackers and midfielders back, with Stewart Downing and Cheikhou Kouyate likely to return and the others all touch and go.
- Mark Noble was forced off against Everton and could sit this one out.
- Ryan Taylor limped off the pitch in tears last week with another knee injury and is expected to be out for 3-4 weeks.
- Steven Taylor, Emmanuel Riviere, Fabricio Coloccini and Cheick Tioté are all back in contention.
- West Ham suffered defeat for the first time in 6 Premier League games last time out, but they were missing the bulk of the attack that has so impressed this season and should be back their former selves here.
- Newcastle are, however, the in-form Premier League team, having won their last 5 matches in a row. That is the longest winning streak by any team in the top flight this season.
- Surely that run will come to an end soon enough, and if West Ham have their big guns back then they will be favourites to bring the Magpies back down to earth.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)