- Sam Vokes stepped up his bid for a return to first team action with 45 minutes for the reserves in the week but a lack of match fitness will likely keep him out for one or two more games.
- Scott Arfield missed the win over Stoke with a knock and while he should be back in contention, Dyche is unlikely to make unforced changes, with Michael Kightly likely to be preferred.
- Michael Duff was, however, forced off late on last weekend, with Michael Keane the likely understudy if the defender is deemed unfit to start.
- Ron Vlaar, Philippe Senderos and Nathan Baker are all still doubts for the trip to Burnley but after the performance of Ciaran Clark and Jores Okore last time out Paul Lambert may not be too worried about rushing them back.
- Christian Benteke serves the final match of a three-game ban, so Gabby Agbonlahor will continue to lead the line.
- Changes are unlikely from the stalemate with Southampton, though Charles N'Zogbia's starting berth is under the most threat, with the likes of Richardson, Cole and Grealish waiting in the wings.
- Both of these sides have had positive results in recent weeks but Burnley have been able to secure vital wins where Villa have seemed more than happy to settle for draws in order to stop the rot after a 6-game losing streak.
- This will be a true test of each manager's intentions as Sean Dyche will certainly see this as a winnable match, while anything short of victory for Paul Lambert would heap more pressure on the Villa boss from a fanbase that voted with their feet against him with an alarmingly low attendance at Villa Park last time out.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)