- This game could barely be set up in more contrasting ways for these two teams, with City needing nothing less than a win and Bayern already guaranteed top spot in the group.
- City were given a footballing lesson last time Bayern came to the Etihad, and with two central midfielders absent for the hosts, the visitors are likely to control proceedings once again.
- Even with so many players out, Bayern beat Hoffenheim 4-0 at the weekend, while City were highly unconvincing at home to Swansea.
Europe»UEFA Champions League – 2014/2015 – Champions League grp. E»
Manchester CityvsBayern Munich
Probable Lineups Statistical Comparision
(4) 3 Goals 8 (11)
(2) 1 Assists 4 (8)
(6.6) 6.6 Average Ratings 7.4 (7.2)
28.9 Average Age 27.9
180 Average Height (cm) 181.1
(1.2) 1.1 Shots pg 1.8 (1.9)
(55%) 44% Aerial Duel Success 47% (53%)
(1) 1 Dribbles pg 0.9 (1)
(1.7) 1.5 Tackles pg 1.3 (1.5)
* Values in brackets (x) are overall player statistics in Champions League grp. E.
- Man City will be without both Fernandinho and Yaya Touré so their central midfield will be much weakened for the visit of heavyweights Bayern Munich.
- David Silva could be rushed back to play in this must-win match.
- Despite their problems in midfield, Manuel Pellegrini could play with an extra midfielder to combat Bayern's midfield strengths.
- Sergio Agüero and Stevan Jovetic both skipped training on Monday but aren't considered serious doubts.
- Pep Guardiola has plenty of injuries to contend with, but given that his team do not even need a point from the game he could give some squad players a run out.
- The likes of Sebastian Rode and Xherdan Shaqiri could be given a run out.
- Jerome Boateng is a doubt after coming off at the weekend and he could be rested.