Liverpool unlikely to Hijack move for England star

Liverpool unlikely to Hijack move for England starLiverpool were heavily interested in signing Tom Ince from Blackpool last winter, however a deal could not go through. The reds reportedly came back to sign the England international last month but again nothing concrete.
Now reports suggest that Cardiff have actually paid Blackpool’s asking price for the talented midfielder but Liverpool are to hijack the move for England star. The former Reds star had a brilliant season in the championship for Blackpool and Rodgers was eagerly interested in signing him back in January.
Brendan Rodgers claimed:

“It is about affordability as well. If Tom stays at Blackpool it doesn’t mean he won’t join Liverpool at a later stage. Maybe in this window it might be a difficult one for us.”

Things have completely changed now. Liverpool have already signed four stars this summer and two of them namely Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto play in the positions Tom Ince plays for Blackpool i.e. Out wide as well as center attacking midfielder.
Hence, it is highly unlikely that Liverpool will hijack Cardiff’s move for Tom Ince by paying more, simply because they do not need the English player. His dad Paul Ince said:

“Cardiff have come in massively for Thomas and the chairman has accepted their offer.”
“When he comes back (next Monday), we’ll sit down and see what we want to do. He loves it here and has told me he’s in no rush to leave the club.”

Ince’s dream of playing in the premier league on regular basis can be fulfilled by joining Cardiff but he may as well have the option of joining a bigger club if he waits till the end of transfer season. However, the chances of him ending up at Liverpool this summer are dim.
Other than Aspas and Alberto, Liverpool also have young stars like Suso and Sterling who have gained decent top flight experience with the merseysiders in the last campaign and are ready to step up next season.
Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool are not looking to stop their transfer business as yet. The fans can expect more new signings as well as a few departures.
Follow Soccerisma on Twitter: Soccerisma

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
admin

admin

Moj status2

No Responses

  1. Bill says:

    We wouldn’t be in this position now if it hadn’t been for Paul Ince’s meddling and trying to force KK to play Tom.

  2. jim beam says:

    we dont need him now and he seems like another one of these mercenaries, he turned us down for cardiff? let him rot.

  3. Greg says:

    He’s not the standard of player we need for the push towards the top 4. Let him go there if he’s really good we can get him cheaper after they are relegated in 2 seasons max.

  4. Dene says:

    No place for the lad really, think he was an option only because of our 35% interest in his sell on and he would have been a safe ish bet for the first signing last January. Think this is best for all parties at this time…he gets regular prem football, we get paid, and there may be a opportunity next summer if he does well but Cardiff don’t survive. YNWA.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.